- 1 box (454 gr) angel hair pasta or capellini pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (add more if you like)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 pint (2.5 cups) cherry tomatoes, diced
- Kosher salt for pasta water
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Reserved pasta water
- Heat a large saucepan or large skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Let them get fragrant for 1 minute in the oil. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside.
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of salted water. Boil pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining. Stir pasta with pasta utensil.
- Add reserved pasta water to the pan with olive oil and garlic. Turn heat to medium-low, bring to a simmer, and stir vigorously with a whisk.
- Lastly, drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Turn the heat off and stir until the sauce coats the pasta. Stir in fresh basil leaves and chopped parsley. Add parmigiano and toss a couple of times.
- Sprinkle the cherry tomatoes over the top. Add extra parmigiano cheese and fresh ground black pepper. Serve hot, and enjoy!
- Cook your pasta al dente and toss it in the pan with the sauce. This step makes it taste like the pasta we eat in Italy!
- Don't skip the vigorous whisking of the olive oil and hot pasta water as it simmers. This will make a smoother sauce to coat the thin pasta strands.
- Use REAL Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for the sauce to make it creamy. Other kinds will clump and not melt well with the pasta and sauce.
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: angel hair pasta, garlic and herb pasta, easy pasta recipe, Italian recipe