- 4 flounder fillets, or sole fish (2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, finely chopped, for serving (try tarragon for another fresh flavor option)
- 4 slices or wedges of lemon, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly pat the fish with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Grease a shallow baking dish, cast-iron skillet, or baking sheet with a bit of butter. Place the flounder fish fillets in the baking dish in an even layer and rub with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, zest, and butter in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Pour the lemon-butter mixture over the fish. Sprinkle the flounder fish with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the topping is golden. Cooking time varies slightly depending on the thickness of the fillets. Bake until the fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley (or tarragon) and serve with fresh lemon wedges. After plating the fish- spoon sauce from the baking dish on top of the fish. Enjoy! Serve with potatoes, or rice, and a simple salad and vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: flounder fish, lemon butter garlic sauce, main course, fish recipe