1 Recipe: Ultimate All-Butter Pie Crust
- 2 cup fresh blueberries (I also like using frozen blueberries especially Wyman's Wild blueberries)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (you can omit this, but I love the slight nutty flavor it adds)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter - pea size pieces
*To make the mini pies you will need a large muffin tin pan or mini disposable pie tins.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl add sugar, allspice, and flour, stir with a fork or whisk. Add in the blueberries, vanilla, and lemon zest, stir to coat. Set aside.
- Unwrap pie dough from the fridge, roll out on floured surface to make a large rectangle (about 12x15 in)
- Cut 6 equal rectangles with the rolled out dough. Place each rectangle of dough in disposable pie tin or large muffin tin. Gently press down so the dough fills the bottom of the pie or muffin tins.
- Place two large scoops of prepared blueberry filling in center pie dough. Dot tops with butter then close the tops with the dough hanging over edges. Simply, gather the dough in the center and pinch on each side (see photos in post)
- Freeze pies for 30 minutes before baking
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 F then turn down the heat to 350 F and bake an additional 30 minutes until tops are brown and blueberry filling is bubbly.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: American
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry, mini pie, blueberry mini pie, best pie, flaky crust, blueberry pie recipe, individual pies