- 1 (lb) (454 gr) tagliatelle (or your pasta of choice)
- 1 lb (454 gr) whole milk ricotta cheese, excess liquid removed
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Pepper to taste
- Place the ricotta in a medium bowl. Remove the liquid from the ricotta by pressing the top with a clean paper towel. turn the ricotta and do this again until it is fairly dry. Set aside.
- Slice one of the lemons to create 4-5 thick slices (save other lemon). In a large skillet add the olive oil and brown the lemons on each side, medium heat, about 4 minutes per side. Add the capers and stir to combine and cook an additional 1 minute. Take off heat and place onto a plate. Set aside. Leave drippings in the skillet for later use.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to boil and add 3 Tbs Kosher salt. Cook pasta according to 'al dente' directions.
- In a medium bowl combine the zest of the other lemon and to the bowl of ricotta cheese. Mix well until combined. Before straining the pasta add 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water to the ricotta. Mix well. Once the pasta is done cooking strain and add to the ricotta mixture and mix well to coat the pasta. Put the ricotta and lemon pasta back in the skillet and toss with the lemon drippings. Add the lemons and capers to the pasta and serve HOT. Season with fresh ground pepper, if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta recipe, lemon pasta, lemon and ricotta pasta, 20 minute meal, lemon and caper pasta