Easy and Delicious Italian Polenta Recipe
The possibilities are endless with this comforting, creamy, smooth, and sensational Italian polenta recipe. With only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes you will have the perfect side to any meal. Polenta is a true Italian speciality. It is used almost like rice to soak up any dish with a flavorful sauce, a stew, or enjoyed plain with a favorite soft cheese. THE KEY to this fast and delicious polenta is using a fine ground yellow corn meal. If you use a coarse variety it will not cook or taste the same.
What is Polenta?
Polenta is a northern Italian dish made of coarsely ground corn. Freshly cooked, polenta is soft and creamy, like porridge, and makes a terrific bed for sauces. See the bottom for more recipes to serve with polenta!
Serving Suggestions and More Italian Recipes
Enjoy with recipes: Tuscan style Osso Buco, seared scallops in lemon butter, baked zucchini with bruschetta topping, polpette con sugo, ratatouille, chicken tarragon, or chicken braised in red wine and plums!
Made with Amore, ElenaPrint
The possibilities are endless with this comforting, creamy, smooth, and sensational Italian polenta recipe. With only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes you will have the perfect side to any meal. Polenta is a true Italian speciality! Serve as a side or enjoy plain with added soft cheese of choice!
- 16 oz. (1 Lb.) quick cooking yellow corn polenta (such as Campanini brand)
- 6 Cups boiling water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- Boil water with salt in a medium-large pot. Add Polenta and stir vigorously. Stir on high heat for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Take off heat and add oil, parmigiano, and heavy cream. Stir until combined and creamy.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese and enjoy plain or as a side dish
It is important to use FINE yellow cornmeal in this recipe.