- 1 recipe for Classic Italian Tomato Sauce (Sugo al Pomodoro)
- 350 gr spaghetti pasta
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly gated parmigiano (or Parmesan) cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup freshly gated mozzarella cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, garnish
Special Note: If you are using leftover spaghetti with tomato sauce you can skip steps 1 and 2. You will want to heat your leftover pasta about 30 seconds in the microwave to soften it enough to mix with the egg mixture.
- Make your sugo al pomodoro sauce or, classic Italian tomato sauce, as directed in the recipe. Set aside.
- Next, boil water in a pot on your stovetop - cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Mix with your spaghetti with your prepared sauce. Let cool a bit, so you don't get scrambled eggs when adding the egg mixture.
- Make your egg mixture by combining the parmigiano cheese (parmesan), black pepper, and eggs in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, combine the egg mixture to the cooked spaghetti and sauce. Gently toss to combine. Set aside. Heat oven safe skillet to medium- high heat. Add olive oil- heat a few minutes until oil is hot. Add spaghetti and egg mixture to skillet.
- Before baking, sprinkle with extra parmigiano and the mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta. Then transfer the skillet or baking dish into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melty and bubbling.
- Once your fried spaghetti is ready, take it out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve hot. Mangia!
Reheat in Microwave
First, transfer the fried spaghetti to a microwave-safe bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water.
Then microwave it for around 3-5 minutes until warmed and the cheese has melted.
Reheat on Stovetop
To reheat the fried pasta on the stovetop, place everything in a frying pan with a little water.
Make sure to cover the pan and cook on low for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pasta is heated.
Reheat in the oven
Place the fried spaghetti in an oven-safe dish, again adding a tablespoon or two of water.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 minutes (if making sauce and pasta and not using leftovers)
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spaghetti, pasta sauce, tomato sauce, fried spaghetti, leftovers