- 4 1/2 cups (600 grams) fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmigiano (plus more for topping)
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (200 grams) ricotta cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- dab of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease a 9″ round tart or pie dish with butter and dust with bread crumbs until bottom and sides of pan are evenly coated.
- In a medium skillet, on medium high heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook 5 minutes until translucent and soft. Add spinach and cook an additional 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and let cool about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime make the egg filling. In a large mixing bowl- whip the eggs, by hand or with an electric mixer, until perfectly uniform and slightly foamy. Add the ricotta and mix again until well incorporated. Add the parmigiano and mix to combine using a fork.
- Add the spinach and onions to the egg and ricotta filling. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle additional parmigiano if desired. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot, room temperature, or cold as leftovers.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: spinach, onions, vegetarian, veggies, dinner, lunch, brunch, frittata, eggs, onions, easy meal, easy recipe, Italian recipe, frittata recipe