Easy 30 minute meal packed with herbs, veggies, and creamy creme fraiche. A meal you can feel good about eating any day of the week!
- 1 pound (454 g) Paccheri pasta or other short pasta of choice
- 3 cups of cubed zucchini
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1– 8 0z container of creme fraiche (Bellwether Farms or Vermont Creamery)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (a little extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh tomatoes, diced
- salt for seasoning and adding to pasta water
- Heat a large sauce pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the zucchini and herbs to the pan. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly brown. Turn off heat and stir in fresh tomatoes and season with salt. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt water generously. Add pasta and cook until package direction “al dente”. Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. Start by adding half of the water in the sauce pan with the zucchini and tomatoes.
- Add the creme fraiche to the pan with the cooked zucchini and tomatoes. Stir until creamy sauce forms. If needed, add the rest of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and add to the large sauce pan with creamy sauce, zucchini, tomatoes, and herbs. Add parmigiano. Stir until incorporated and pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve immediately! Great as leftovers.
Enjoy hot with a side of delicious crusty bread! Mangia! Mangia!
Keywords: pasta, zucchini, tomatoes, creme fraiche, 30 minute meal, vegetarian meal, pasta dinner