- 1 lb long or short pasta variety of choice
- 1 (50 g) bottle of black truffles slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 cups Parmigiano cheese (parmesan cheese), plus more for topping
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (4 quarts of water and 2 tablespoons of salt).
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add white wine and let steam for a few seconds until the alcohol evaporates.
Add heavy cream, and whisk. When bubbles form reduce the heat to very low heat and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Whisk again.
Cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce has slightly reduced, it should be still liquid. Add 1 cup of parmigiano cheese and the truffles. Stir to combine. Turn the heat off. Cover with lid.
Add pasta to boiling water. Cook according to al-dente package directions. Follow this guide to know when it is done.
Once pasta is cooked, reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the truffle cream sauce. If the sauce looks dry add a bit of the reserved pasta cooking water (you may not need to add any it depends on the type of pasta you use).
Add the remaining Parmigiano cheese, and stir until the pasta is well covered with the creamy truffle sauce. Serve hot and top with a sprinkle of extra cheese.
Serve right away, garnished with truffles slices, and Buon Appetito!
- Truffles. For this recipe, you are using marinated truffles in olive oil. You may also use fresh truffle shavings and use regular extra virgin olive oil in place of the truffle oil.
- Reheat. Refrigerate leftover truffle pasta sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To reheat the sauce, pour it into a saucepan and gently warm it on the stovetop for a few minutes. Boil pasta and toss to combine.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: truffles, black truffles, pasta recipe, main meal, cream sauce, tagliatelle pasta