- 2 cups of prepared fresh roasted pumpkin purée (Pumpkin Puree: cut 2 pie pumpkins in half and gut insides. Roast face down on lined baking sheet at 350 F for 1 hour, then, let cool on pan. Take out pumpkin flesh with a spoon and put in a blender and puree until smooth*)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh or dried sage
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1/2 hot pasta water, reserved
- 4 Tablespoons toasted pinenuts
- salt for pasta water
- 1/2 lb (225 grams) of your favorite pasta variety
- 1/2 cup shaved parmigiano cheese for serving
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil. Add pasta and start cooking to al dente recommended time.
- While the pasta cooks, add: pumpkin, herbs, butter and parmigiano to a medium sauce pot. Cook and stir until combined, about 5 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup of the boiling pasta water and add to pot. Stir to combine.
- Drain pasta and immediately add to pot with pumpkin mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Top with shaved parmigiano and toasted pine nuts. Serve HOT!
* pumpkin puree can be made in advance and frozen for up to 2 months
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian