- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp (peeled and devined)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine (suggested: sauvignon blanc)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add desired pasta and cook to al dente package directions.
- Prepare the shrimp- dry them with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat add olive oil, butter, and chili flakes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté until pink and slightly golden brown edges, 2-4 minutes depending on size. Do not overcook.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and white wine, simmer for 1 minute. Stir in parsley.
- Before draining pasta add reserved pasta water to sauce and stir to combine. Drain pasta and toss in pan for 1 minute to combine the sauce and the pasta. Add lemon zest. Add more parsley as garnish, if desired. Serve hot!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp, pasta, lemon, shrimp scampi, fettuccine pasta, easy pasta recipe