- 8.8 oz (250 gr.) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup (50 g) Parmigiano cheese
- 1/3 (80 g) cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 oz smoked salmon, variety of choice
- 1 lbs (454 g) pasta, variety of choice
- 1/3 cup (45 g) of petite green peas, frozen
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs kosher salt for pasta water
- Boil water in a large pot. To make sure pasta doesn't stick together, use at least 4 quarts of water for every pound of pasta. After water boils add the salt.
- In a large size mixing bowl add: mascarpone cheese, parmigiano, lemon juice, lemon zest, and heavy cream. Whisk until combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Cut the smoked salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- When there is 5 minutes left in cooking the pasta -add the peas to the boiling water. Taste pasta before straining to make sure 'al dente'.
- Strain pasta and peas. Mix right into the bowl with prepared mascarpone cream mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the smoked salmon and stir again.
- The sauce will seem runny at first. It will take about 5-8 minutes for the hot pasta to thicken it.
- If desired: Garnish with sliced lemons and fresh ground pepper
Delicious as leftovers!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: smoked salmon, pasta, mascarpone cheese, petite peas, 30 minute meal, easy dinner, Italian pasta