1 recipe for flaky ultimate all butter pie crust
1 egg, well beaten for egg wash
- 5 cups Wyman’s Frozen Wild Blueberries (or other variety)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon zest, all spice and cinnamon in bowl, stir to combine. Add the blueberries and and toss to coat all the blueberries.
- Roll out 1 disk of dough to just under 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Roll out remaining disk of dough to a 13-inch round. Rolled-out dough can be refrigerated up to 8 hours. (Be sure to let the 13-inch round sit at room temperature until pliable before topping pie, or it will break.)
- Place prepared blueberries in pie shell, brush edges with water, and cover pie with top crust. Trim excess, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Fold top edge over bottom crust to seal, and crimp as desired. Cut steam vents in top crust. Freeze entire pie for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit with rack in lowest position. Brush pie with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar (if desired). Place a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet on floor of oven to catch any drips.
- Bake pie on lowest rack for 15 minutes at 415 F. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake until well browned, for an additional 45 minutes.
- After total bake time of one hour: Tent pie with foil and continue to bake until bubbling through vents, about 20 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack, at least 4-6 hours. Pie can be made 1 day ahead and stored at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 minutes
- Category: Sweet
- Method: American
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie, butter crust, blueberry pie, frozen berry pie, flaky butter pie crust