- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup DeLallo extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup prepared DeLallo Instant Espresso Powder, brewed coffee, or you can use hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan, or springform pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and hot brewed coffee. Stir until the cocoa powder is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in another bowl using a whisk or hand mixer, combine sugar, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the cocoa-coffee mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients over the bowl with the wet mixture and gently stir until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 325°F (163°C) for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake has cooled, you can dust it with powdered sugar for a simple finishing touch. Serve like this, with a dollop of whipped cream or some ice cream.
Enjoy your moist and delicious Chocolate Olive Oil Cake!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Sweet
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: olive oil cake, Italian dessert, cakes, chocolate cake, espresso, coffee