One recipe of Easy Creamy Polenta
- 1 lb of full fat ground beef
- 2 slices of stale bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Breadcrumbs for rolling meatballs
- Extra parmigiano, grated, for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- Polenta, cooked according to recipe directions (above)
- Pour extra-virgin olive oil into a large frying pan and brown the onion (about 7 minutes on medium heat). Add all canned tomatoes and simmer, 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat and cover with lid.
- Place bread and milk in large mixing bowl, let sit for 2 min, until soft.
- Add egg to bread and milk mixture and mix to combine
- Add ground meat, parsley, garlic, parmigiano, salt, pepper. Mix WELL with your hands. If it too wet add some breadcrumbs
- Take the beef mixture and gently roll between your hands to form 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Use breadcrumbs to prevent sticking. Set prepared meatballs on cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Plunge your meatballs into pot with the tomato sauce. Turn on heat to medium low. Cook for 20 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked in the center. Once finished cooking add the basil and cover with lid. Turn off heat.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over the hot polenta. Generously top with parmigiano and serve hot!
Freeze portions of meatballs and sauce in a freezer friendly container and have a healthy meal ready to go! Freeze up to 2 months
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian