- 1 lb (454 g) pasta of choice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 16 oz (454 g) container of whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, torn my hand
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (variety packed in oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a blender place the garlic, herbs, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and ricotta cheese. Blend for 2 minutes or until silky smooth in the food processor or blender, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container once or twice with a spatula*. Leave sauce in the blender for later use when adding the reserved pasta water.
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Generously salt the water and taste it. It should taste salty like the sea. Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining the pasta reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta water to the blender and pulse a few more times.
- Remove the sauce from the blender and place in a large serving bowl. Toss immediately with hot pasta. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve hot! Mangia! (Eat!)
*Make the sauce ahead and store in an air tight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Add the reserved pasta water when ready to make and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: red peppers, pasta, easy meal, roasted red peppers, garlic, Italian recipe, main meal, side dish