- 3-4 (6 ounce) cod fillets
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 gloves garlic, finely minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + 2 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided into slices (one for each fillet)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- lemon wedges (optional: for serving), cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil. Use paper towels to pat the cod fillets dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, olive oil, and paprika. Stir with fork to combine. Set aside.
- Place the fillets onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle 2 teaspoons olive oil and lemon juice over the cod fillets, then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Top each fillet with 2 to 3 tablespoons of panko topping, and press down gently to ensure the topping stays on top of the fish. Add a slice of butter on top of each fillet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is opaque in the center. According to the USDA, an instant read thermometer should read 145°F when inserted into the thickest part of the cod.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, and a side of your favorite vegetable, and bread!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: cod, fish, main meal, panko bread crumbs, crispy baked cod