- Double the recipe forBalsamic Garlic Vinaigrette(or, 1 1/2 cups store bought dressing)
- 1 lb cheese tortellini of choice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or mixed medley variety), cut in half
- 1 small can pre sliced black olives
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, torn by hand
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook cheese tortellini according to al dente directions (do not overcook).
- In the meantime prepare vegetables. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, carrots, red onion, and basil to a large serving bowl. Toss to combine and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Drain the tortellini and add to a separate large bowl. Do not rinse. Add half of the vinaigrette dressing and toss to coat. Let cool about 10- 15 minutes.
- Then, add the veggies to the bowl with tortellini. Add the rest of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Add the mozzarella, and toss more to combine. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Serve at room temperature or cold. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired. For maximum flavor let rest in the fridge 6 hours before serving.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container 3-5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian/ American
- Cuisine: Italian/ American
Keywords: pasta salad, balsamic vinaigrette, asparagus, tomatoes, side dish, easy dinner, pasta dinner, Italian recipe, vegetarian, 20 minute meal, pasta meal, lunch