- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup whole-milk French (or Greek) yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Optional- 1 1/2 C blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat loaf pan (9x5x3 inches, 8 cup) with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub sugar with lemon zest in a large bowl until incorporated. Add eggs. With a mixer, mix until very foamy and pale yellow, a few minutes.
- Add yogurt, lemon, and vanilla extract whisk to blend.
- Fold in dry ingredients just to blend.
- Add oil in last and mix until smooth and combined, about 1 minute on low speed.
- If adding blueberries toss and fold in now
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 55–60 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto rack; let cool an additional 15. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55-60
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian/ French
Keywords: cake, lemon, yogurt, lemon loaf cake, dessert, French, Italian