- 2 cups of prepared fresh roasted pumpkin purée (Pumpkin Puree: cut 2 pie pumpkins in half and gut insides. Roast face down on lined baking sheet at 350 F for 1 hour, then, let cool on pan. Take out pumpkin flesh with a spoon and put in a blender and puree until smooth) *
- 2 tablespoons good quality butter, melted
- 3 large organic eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten (egg wash for crust)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a stand mixer (may use an electric hand mixer) with the whisk attachment, mix the eggs and sugar until creamy. Add pumpkin, a pinch of salt, butter, cream and spices. Mix until well combined.
- Roll out pie dough and shape it into a pie dish. With a pastry brush, gently cover the edges of the crust with eggwash.
- Pour the prepared pie filling into the pie dish (if using decorative shapes, bake them separately on a sheet pan at 350 for 10 minutes until golden brown).
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, then turn it down to 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
* pumpkin puree can be made in advance and frozen for up to 2 months
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: American
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin, pumpkin pie, best pie