Classic Italian balsamic vinaigrette recipe! It doesn’t get more Italian than quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This is one of those recipes that you make time and time again because it is simply a classic. Serve it with any salad and use it in a variety of pasta salads. Best part, you just shake-shake-shake it in a glass jar. You barely need a recipe, although, the ration of acidity to oil really make a difference…
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (good quality such as Colavita- find at most grocery stores)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (preferably “di Modena”)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed so juices come out but still whole
- Fresh-ground pepper
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, and balsamic in a sealed glass jar or other container with a good-sealing lid. Add a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Screw on the lid and shake vigorously. Dip a piece of lettuce into the vinaigrette and taste. Adjust the salt, pepper, or the proportion of oil and vinegar to taste.
- Refrigerate if you added any fresh ingredients. The oil and vinegar will separate and harden when chilled. Leave out a few minutes and shake to recombine before using.
Keywords: dressing, vinaigrette, olive oil, balsamic, garlic, salad dressing, pasta salad dressing,