- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms (variety of choice), sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh or dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra herbs as garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent; about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the chopped mushrooms, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook until soft; 7-8 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone until melted. Pour in the cream and add the grated Parmigiano cheese and cook for 2-4 minutes until the cream is slightly reduced. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Generously salt the water and taste it. It should taste salty like the sea. Cook the pappardelle until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta (you won't use it all).
- Drain the pasta. Add the cooked pasta to the mushroom sauce along with a tablespoon or two of pasta water. Heat until liquid has reduced (1-2 minutes) and stir until well combined. Serve hot with more Parmigiano Reggiano if desired. Mangia!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, easy dinner, mushrooms, mascarpone, cream, herbs, main meal, pasta recipe, pappardelle, heavy cream, garlic