- 1 recipe for Italian Chocolate Pastry Cream
- 1 package of store bought puff pastry of choice (2 ready bake sheets 430 grams)
- 2 cups fruit of choice, diced
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Prepare pastry cream and set aside (this can be done up to one week in advance if stored in an airtight container in the fridge). Thaw puff pastry per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pastry sheets on lightly floured surface and remove parchment paper. Roll out dough and cut out round shapes with pastry cutters. Depending on the size of your cookie cutters you will get a varying number of dough circles.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place puff pastry dough cut outs on lined cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until slightly golden brown. Let cool. Right before serving- cut the individual puff pastries in half and fill with desired amount of pastry cream. Top with berries. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sweet
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: custard, pastry cream, chocolate, Italian pastry cream, dessert, cream puffs