- 2 fennel bulbs (thick base of stalk), stalks cut off, bulbs halved lengthwise, then cut thinly in 1/2 inch slices (the fennel will shrink a bit as it cooks)
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parmigiano chunks (cut pieces from block of parmigiano cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Line a roasting pan or baking dish with aluminum foil and brushing it with olive oil. Arrange the fennel slices on the pan, add more olive oil (until the fennel is covered on all sides). Sprinkle with sea salt and roast for 30 minutes or until the fennel wedges are cooked through and beginning to caramelize at the edges.
- If desired add parmigiano chunks after the fennel is slightly cooled on the pan. Enjoy hot, room temperature, or even cold.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: fennel, side dish, vegetarian, veggie side dish, side dish, parmigiano, olive oil, vegetable, dinner