- 2 Tbs, olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbs dry Italian spices
- 1 Tbs Chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef 80% lean
- 1 can (28 oz) Tuttorosso Crushed Tomato with Basil
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh chopped parsley (for serving)
- Fresh chopped basil (for serving)
- Mascarpone Cheese (for serving)
- Parmigiano Cheese (for serving)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add: onions, garlic, celery, carrots, peppers, Italian spices, and chili powder. Stir and let cook for 5-6 minutes until veggies are soft and herbs aromatic.
- Add ground meat, breaking meat into crumbles, incorporating with vegetables, with wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- Add Tuttorosso Crushed Tomato with Basil , kidney beans, bay leaves, and water, stir to combine. Let simmer for 30 minutes until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Taste. Add Salt and Pepper to preference. Remove bay leaves.
- Before serving, add dollop of mascarpone and sprinkle of parmigiano, basil, and parsley in each individual serving
Serve hot with delicious bread!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian