Italian Chili is a Hearty and Comforting Meal
The BEST Chili recipe! This Italian version of Chili con Carne is a recipe we make often during the fall and winter seasons. The flavors are warm, inviting, and perfect for feeding a crowd or freezing leftovers for a rainy day. The smell of the stewed meat and veggies simmering with rich and flavorful Tuttorosso brand canned tomatoes makes everyone want to grab a bowl and sit around the table. I sneak heaps of carrots, celery, green pepper, and onion to add that extra veggie boost everyone needs. The use of quality and superior canned tomatoes are essential in this dish to add a fresh, authentic, and wholesome flavor. To create the perfect meal, you need to start with quality products. In Italian recipes, canned tomatoes are an essential ingredient. The Tuttorosso brand offers fresh, vine-ripened flavor of summertime tomatoes that I can count on all year around. In this recipe I use the Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes with basil to add that vine ripe tomato flavor that is perfectly seasoned with a hint of basil. These tomatoes takes my Italian chili recipe to the next level! Grab a supply of Tuttorosso canned tomatoes on your next grocery trip and make this chili for all the chilly months of the year.
Italian Chili Serving Suggestions
This Italian Chili is best served with a dollop of mascarpone cheese, a sprinkle of parmigiano, and a thick slice of my Softest No-Knead Bread. The mascarpone will melt into the soup and create the perfect creamy addition. Grab a thick slice of bread and dunk it in the rich and flavorful chili. It’s a recipe you will want to make all fall and winter, guaranteed!
Made with Amore, ElenaPrint
A delicious chili everyone will love! A little Italian flare to your standard chili recipe makes this dish irresistible. Serve to friends and family, or make a big batch and freeze for a rainy day. Enjoy with my recipe for The Softest No Knead Bread.
- 2 Tbs, olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbs dry Italian spices
- 1 Tbs Chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef 80% lean
- 1 can (28 oz) Tuttorosso Crushed Tomato with Basil
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh chopped parsley (for serving)
- Fresh chopped basil (for serving)
- Mascarpone Cheese (for serving)
- Parmigiano Cheese (for serving)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add: onions, garlic, celery, carrots, peppers, Italian spices, and chili powder. Stir and let cook for 5-6 minutes until veggies are soft and herbs aromatic.
- Add ground meat, breaking meat into crumbles, incorporating with vegetables, with wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- Add Tuttorosso Crushed Tomato with Basil , kidney beans, bay leaves, and water, stir to combine. Let simmer for 30 minutes until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Taste. Add Salt and Pepper to preference. Remove bay leaves.
- Before serving, add dollop of mascarpone and sprinkle of parmigiano, basil, and parsley in each individual serving
Serve hot with delicious bread!