Soft and Delicious Italian Pear Cake
Easy Italian Pear Cake, a simple moist dessert, breakfast or served as an afternoon tea cake. Made with creamy yogurt, butter, and fresh pears. Your new family light cake favorite, Pear Cake.
Italian desserts are made with simple ingredients. They aren’t too sweet and make the perfect sweet bite indulgence without the guilt. Rarely will you see frosting or ice cream served with any true Italian cake. At most, there is a dusting of powdered sugar or cacao and a dollop of freshly whipped cream. This cake is fluffy, lightly sweetened, and sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
Cake for Breakfast
It is one of those cakes that make the perfect breakfast cake. And don’t we all love a delicious cake for breakfast? Besides who can refuse the tasty combination of creamy yogurt and pears? This lovely cake keeps for days at room temperature (doubtful it will last that long).
Share with LOVE!
More Sweet Recipes:
CHECK OUT ALL THE SWEETS HERE
Made with Amore,
What makes this pear cake EXTRA MOIST and SOFT?
A few key steps make this pear cake stand out from the rest! The first step in this cake recipe is whipping the eggs and sugar until a thick creamy consistency. I do this with an electric or stand mixer. This step creates a light and airy texture in the final product. Next, the melted (and cooled) butter adds a luxurious richness to the cake. Finally, the yogurt. You will find many Italian cakes with yogurt. When adding yogurt to cakes it adds an extra soft component without weighing it down too much. As a result, yogurt adds moisture and fat in a cake batter, making the cake extra moist. A cake baked with yogurt is never dry. It’s always so soft, moist and absolutely delicious.
If you need a new electric mixer BUY THIS ONE
Here is the round 9″ spring form pan I love! BUY THIS ONE
Thick slices of juicy pear burst through the soft and tender cake. It’s a cake you must make!
The Perfect slice for breakfast, dessert, or your afternoon tea party.
A little dollop of freshly whipped cream goes a long way and add the perfect touch. In Italy we don’t serve whipped cream with cake, but I thought…why not!
After just one bite you’ll be surprised how distinct the flavors are in this pear cake. We love its soft, tender texture, the chunks of fresh, sweet pear. It’s a cake that will keep you wanting more!
Italian Pear Cake Story
This recipe is adapted from one of my mamma’s relatives. When my mother was a teenager she would go visit her relatives in Oristano, a small town in Sardegna. They had three children the same ages as my mother and her siblings. They lived in a beautiful villa with pear trees. In the summertime, my mamma, along with her siblings, visited the family and had the most wonderful time. In the morning they would play outside and gather pears from the orchard. In the afternoon when the sun blazed and it was too hot outside, the oldest girl taught them how to make this simple pear cake. The house smelled like a bakery the rest of the afternoon. The cake was always done in time for “merenda” afternoon snack time. They joked and laughed as they enjoyed a warm slice of pear cake in the small town of Oristano. Doesn’t that sound like a dream…Print
Easy Italian Pear Cake, a simple moist dessert, breakfast or served as an afternoon tea cake. Made with creamy yogurt and fresh pears. Your new family light cake favorite, Pear Cake.
- 3 large peeled, firm ripe pears, (Bosc or Barlett), cut into pieces
- 240 grams) all-purpose flour (
- 14 grams) baking powder (
- (pinch) kosher salt
- whole milk yogurt
- 57 grams) butter, melted and cooled (
- large eggs
- 2 grams) vanilla extract (
- Confectioner sugar for dusting
- freshly whipped heavy cream, if desired
- Line a 9.5 inch round baking pan with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, whip the sugar and eggs until you obtain a creamy and fluffy texture.
- Stir in the yogurt, butter, and vanilla extract. Use a fork or spatula to combine until smooth (not the electric mixer)
- In a separated bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir gently until well combined. Add the pears and mix gently. Place the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean. If the cake starts to brown too much on top tent with the top with foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Cool and dust cake with confectioner sugar. If desired, serve with freshly whipped cream
Keywords: pear cake, dessert, Italian cake, easy dessert, pears, yogurt, cake