For the zucchini fritters
- 2 pounds zucchini washed and grated and tossed in a bowl with 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian herbs basil, parsley, rosemary, oregano, etc
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (use gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for frying
For the fritters
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the zucchini. Toss with about 1 teaspoon of salt and transfer to a colander set over a medium bowl. The salt will help draw out some of this moisture. Wait 30 minutes, then squeeze excess moisture with hands or a clean dish cloth.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, garlic, and herbs. Then stir in the flour, and cheeses
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot drop about 3 heaping tablespoons of batter per fritter in the skillet and fry on both sides until nicely browned. Place the fried fritters on paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately while crispy. Serve with a whipped ricotta cheese or a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh herb for garnish.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: zucchini fritters, vegetarian, appetizer, zucchini cakes, easy recipe