- 2 packages Jimmy Dean sausage (16 oz each)- 1 hot Jimmy Dean sausage, 1 mild sausage
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz each), softened
- 24 oz sour cream
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Stove Top Method:
- In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the Jimmy Dean sausage over medium-high heat. Break it apart into crumbles with a spoon as it cooks. Cook until the sausage is browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, add the diced red bell pepper and chopped green onions to the skillet. Sauté them with the sausage, allowing the flavors to meld together. Cook until the vegetables are slightly softened, and the sausage is browned.
- Once the sausage is cooked and the vegetables are tender, use a slotted spoon to remove any excess grease from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the softened cream cheese and sour cream to the skillet with the cooked sausage and vegetables. Stir continuously until the cream cheese is fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Season the dip with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and garnish with additional green onions if desired. Serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or bread for dipping.
Crock Pot Method:
- In a large skillet, cook the Jimmy Dean sausage over medium-high heat until it's browned and cooked through, breaking it apart into crumbles as it cooks. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the diced red bell pepper and chopped green onions to the skillet with the cooked sausage. Sauté them together until the vegetables are slightly softened, and the sausage is browned.
- Transfer the cooked sausage, bell pepper, and green onions to a slow cooker.
- Add the softened cream cheese and sour cream to the slow cooker. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 1-2 hours, or until the dip is hot and the cream cheese is fully melted. You can also set it to the "keep warm" setting if your slow cooker has one.
- Season the dip with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the dip is ready, give it a final stir and garnish with additional green onions if desired. Keep the slow cooker on the "keep warm" setting to serve the dip warm throughout your event.
Enjoy your delicious Jimmy Dean Sausage Dip with Cream Cheese using either the stove top or crock pot method! It's perfect for parties and gatherings.
This is a party-size recipe. You can cut the recipe in half for a smaller crowd.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage dip, appetizer, cream cheese, game day, party, holiday