- 1 (13 oz) package lobster ravioli
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 1/2 slices
- Reserved pasta water from cooking
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 extra lemon, zest only, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron pan or other large saucepan on medium high heat. Once the butter is melted add the lemon and cook until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Remove lemons from pan and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous amount of salt. Cook the ravioli until al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining butter. When the butter starts to bubble slightly- add the garlic. Stir the butter until the fat solids start to brown a little- a few of minutes. Make sure not to burn the butter.
- Drain the ravioli, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta water to the pan and let simmer until shiny sauce forms, about 1 minute.
- Add the ravioli to the pan and stir gently to combine. Top with freshly grated parmigiano and lemon zest, if desired. Serve with charred lemon on the side of the plate. Mangia! (eat)
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ravioli, lobster ravioli, brown butter, sauce, lemon, easy dinner, pasta