This indulgent BEST Lobster Ravioli sauce with Lemon Brown Butter recipe is ready in 20 minutes with only 5 ingredients! Easy recipe for weeknights and special enough for a date night at home.
If you love seafood, try these Seared Scallops Charred Lemon and Butter, Spaghetti Frutti di Mare (Seafood Pasta), Orzo Pasta with Shrimp, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Artichokes, and King Crab Salad Recipe (Simple and Easy).
Why I love this meal
Have you ever tasted lobster ravioli? If you haven't, now is the time! You've seen it on the menu at Italian restaurants and now you can make it right at home for a cozy date night or special occasion.
You will crave this delicious sauce with lobster ravioli regularly!
To make it easy, I use good quality store-bought lobster ravioli. If you want you can make your own ravioli with my detailed guide- How to Make Homemade Ravioli- Italian Recipe! You can also try Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Butter Sauce.
- Ingredients for Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- Instructions- How to Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- How to Properly Cook Store Bought Ravioli
- What Type of Sauce is Best for Lobster Ravioli?
- Restaurant Style Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- Lobster Ravioli Sauce Recipe Tips
- Tips for Browning Butter
- Variations for Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- Serving Suggestions for Lobster Ravioli and Brown Butter Sauce
- Lobster Ravioli with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
Ingredients for Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- Lobster ravioli
- Lemon zest
- Minced garlic
- Parmigiano or Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Optional: black pepper, red pepper flakes, or a dash of Old Bay seasoning for spice and a splash of heavy cream for richness.
See the recipe card for amounts
Instructions- How to Make Lobster Ravioli Sauce
This delicious brown butter sauce is both fresh, from the lemon, and rich, from the brown butter. It's the perfect sauce for lobster ravioli.
- Place butter in the pan on medium heat in a large sauté pan.
- Brown the lemon slices on both sides. This will release a little lemon flavor into the butter sauce.
- Remove the lemons and set them aside on a clean plate.
- Add the remaining butter. When the butter begins bubbling slightly, add minced garlic and stir.
- Stir the butter until the fat solids start to brown a little- a few minutes. Make sure not to burn the butter.
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add ravioli and cook until al dente.
- Add a ½ cup of the pasta water and let cook or an additional minute or so until velvety sauce forms!
- You will know the ravioli are done cooking when they all rise to the top. Read How to Cook Fresh or Frozen Ravioli Pasta (Instructions) for precise details!
- Add the ravioli to the pan, using a slotted spoon, and stir gently to combine.
- Top with freshly grated parmigiano, parsley, and lemon zest, if desired.
- Serve with charred lemon on the side of the plate. Mangia! (eat)
How to Properly Cook Store Bought Ravioli
For this recipe, I use refrigerated Giovanni RANA brand Maine lobster ravioli. Buy these, or other varieties, at most grocery stores such as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Kroger. They are kept in the refrigerated section.
There will usually be directions on the package, but in the event, you can't find them:
- Bring a large pot of water (about 4 quarts of water and 1-2 tablespoons of salt).
- Add the ravioli and return to a gentle boil for 3-5 minutes. The ravioli should float to the top when they are done.
- If your ravioli is frozen, keep it in the freezer until the water is boiling, then cook for 7-8 minutes, or until it floats to the top. Stir gently in the beginning and middle of cooking to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom.
- Drain the cooked ravioli and reserve some of the cooking water, about a cup.
Read How to Cook Fresh or Frozen Ravioli Pasta (Instructions) for more!
What Type of Sauce is Best for Lobster Ravioli?
The best lobster ravioli sauce is typically a cream or butter sauce.
The sauce should be subtle yet flavorful to complement the lobster. I love to taste the flavor of lobster meat.
In this recipe, we use brown butter. It adds a depth of flavor without overpowering the dish.
Restaurant Style Lobster Ravioli Sauce
Lobster ravioli are a special treat in our home! I love the taste and don't like to overcomplicate the sauce to let the lobster taste shine.
The easy rich garlic butter sauce comes together in minutes while the ravioli are boiling. This luxurious lemony brown butter sauce with a hint of garlic is the perfect match!
Lobster Ravioli Sauce Recipe Tips
Tips for Browning Butter
- Make sure to brown butter over medium heat. There is a few seconds between brown and burnt butter. Keep an eye on it.
- Use a light-colored pan so you can notice when the butter begins to brown.
- When the butter begins to brown, immediately add the reserved pasta water.
More recipes with brown butter: BEST Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto Brown Butter, Gnocchi in Garlic and Brown Butter Sage Sauce, Brown Butter Basil Pasta Recipe- (Video), and Best Brown Butter Apple Pie.
Why I Love this Meal
This meal is both fancy and easy. It is a meal you might enjoy at a fancy Italian restaurant, yet you can make it at home in under 20 minutes!
We sometimes make this on weekdays as a special treat. My children love it too!
Variations for Lobster Ravioli Sauce
If you want to add extra protein to this meal try adding grilled shrimp, or even chunks of fresh lobster tails!
To make the sauce extra creamy you can add heavy cream.
This sauce also works well for other stuffed ravioli such as: spinach, butternut squash, and three cheese.
Try adding fresh herbs that pair well with seafood such as thyme.
If you like tortellini (a cousin of ravioli) try these easy recipes: Easy Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad, Easy Cheese Tortellini in Broth with Spinach, and Tortellini in Brodo- a Christmas Eve Tradition.
More seafood pasta recipes: Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe (with Fettuccine), Spaghetti Frutti di Mare (Seafood Pasta), and Orzo Pasta with Shrimp, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Artichokes.
Serving Suggestions for Lobster Ravioli and Brown Butter Sauce
Here are a few of the best side dishes to serve with this lobster ravioli sauce recipe:
You will definitely want to serve some delicious homemade bread to soak up the sauce! Try one of these: Fast Italian No Knead Ciabatta Bread, No Knead Italian Focaccia Bread, Easy Soft Italian No Knead Bread. If you want to go all out serve these as an appetizer Best Italian Zucchini Fritters (easy recipe)!
I particularly love Roasted Fennel Recipe (Italian Style) as a warm side dish for this meal.
Don't forget dessert! Frozen Lemon Dessert (Creamy Lemony Treat)
If you make this recipe please write a comment! I want to connect with all of you through your experience with my recipes.
Do you need more ideas? Here are some: What to Serve with Ravioli (50 best side dishes)!
From my Cucina to your Table, Mangia! Mangia! (Eat!). Made with Amore, Elena.
More delicious pasta recipes for you…
Get ready for your new favorite lobster ravioli sauce! The lemon brown butter sauce is easy to make and complements the lobster flavor so well!
Make sure to leave a ⭐️star rating on the recipe card and comment below if you make the recipe. I love to connect with you through my recipes.Print
- 1 (13 oz) package lobster ravioli
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon, cut into ½ slices
- Reserved pasta water from cooking
- ½ cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- 1 extra lemon, zest only, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron pan or other large saucepan on medium high heat. Once the butter is melted add the lemon and cook until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Remove lemons from pan and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous amount of salt. Cook the ravioli until al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining butter. When the butter starts to bubble slightly- add the garlic. Stir the butter until the fat solids start to brown a little- a few of minutes. Make sure not to burn the butter.
- Drain the ravioli, reserving about ½ cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta water to the pan and let simmer until shiny sauce forms, about 1 minute.
- Add the ravioli to the pan and stir gently to combine. Top with freshly grated parmigiano and lemon zest, if desired. Serve with charred lemon on the side of the plate. Mangia! (eat)
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ravioli, lobster ravioli, brown butter, sauce, lemon, easy dinner, pasta