Gnocchi in Garlic and Brown Butter Sage Sauce- soft pillow gnocchi nestled in a cozy brown butter sage sauce.
Use our homemade gnocchi recipe.
Typically, gnocchi are rolled using a fork to make their signature marks. These marks serve a distinct purpose to soak up more sauce in each little bite. If you find the rolling tricky, you can omit that step and stick to the round shapes.
Either way, I’m confident you will love the results. See my post linked at the bottom for all the tips on how to do this! You will also get to see the hands of my lovely mamma, who is my inspiration for everything in the kitchen.
Please see this post for the full gnocchi recipe with all the tips and tricks.
This is the best way to eat gnocchi now that it is officially fall. The richness of the brown butter, the poignant taste of garlic, and the earthiness of the sage make for the perfect sauce- Gnocchi in Garlic and Brown Butter Sage! Doesn't that sound comfy? I think so!
More Recipes to try
- Easy Mediterranean Lasagna Recipe
- Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina
- BEST Italian Pignoli Cookies Recipe (pine nut)
- Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Butter Sauce
- 4 Tbs good quality butter
- 1 Tbs crushed garlic (2 Tbs if you like it really garlicky)
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves
- Place above ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat until butter turns dark brown color. You can also microwave 1 minute at a time until the butter turns slightly brown- careful not to burn!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gnocchi, pasta, sauce, brown butter, garlic, brown butter, sage, pasta sauce,
If you like brown butter you may also like: Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto