Easy and delicious Italian cheese tortellini en brodo (in broth) with spinach and fresh lemon! Ready in under 15 minutes! This soup will warm you up from the inside out!
Tortellini in broth soup provides the nutrients you need to stay healthy this winter. I sneak in plenty of lemon, garlic, and fresh spinach to boost your immune system this winter. My family loves this meal- kids included. It is very easy to make and provides loads of comfort on those dark winter nights.
You will love the simplicity of this easy cheese tortellini in broth soup recipe.
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Three cheese tortellini (or your favorite variety)
- Lemon juice (extra slices for serving)
- Thyme leaves
- Sage leaves
- Fresh leaf spinach
- Parmigiano cheese
If you love spinach and lemon try this easy and comforting Creamy Spinach and Lemon Orzo.
What does Tortellini en Brodo mean in Italian?
It simply means tortellini served in broth, in Italian. In Italy we make this kind of soup all winter. It is well loved for a reason. It represent the simplicity of Italian cooking. That splash of lemon in the broth adds a touch of sunshine and brightness to the simple soup.
Switch up the flavors in this cheese tortellini in broth soup by changing the flavors of the tortellini and broth.
- Spinach and cheese tortellini
- Mushroom tortellini
- Beef tortellini
- Beef stock to add depth
- Splash of cream to make it richer
- Cooked meats such as chicken or ground sausage
- More veggies such as carrots and celery
What to serve with Tortellini Soup
Make sure to try this tortellini recipe next time Tortellini Alla Panna with Peas.
Cozy up with this comforting bowl of tortellini soup and feel good about taking a moment to relax.
More Delicious recipes for you!
- Pasta e Ceci (Italian Pasta with Chickpea Soup)
- Tuscan Ribollita- Vegetable Bread Soup
- Pork Tenderloin with Shallots and Fennel
- BEST Italian Beef Short Rib Ragu
This yummy bowl of soup is light and flavorful. It's the perfect no-fuss weeknight meal for a busy day.Print
- 1 carton (32 fluid oz) organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (20 oz) package three cheese tortellini (or your favorite variety)
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice (extra slices for serving)
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 3 leaves fresh sage, finely minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, cut in quarters
- 2 cups fresh leaf spinach
- ½ cup parmigiano cheese, shredded, for serving
- 4 slices lemon, garnish
- Place broth, spinach, lemon juice, thyme, sage, and garlic in a medium soup pot, bring to a boil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions
- Serve in individual bowls. Top with fresh grated parmigiano and extra lemon slices. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian