- 1 lb salmon, skin on
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra for rubbing on salmon
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 orange, sliced for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray, or rub with a little oil and a paper towel. Pat salmon dry on both sides and rub with a little olive oil and season with salt. Set aside.
- Combine orange juice, olive oil, orange zest, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, pinch of salt, and honey in a bowl. Whisk well. Pour a few spoonfuls of sauce on the prepared baking pan. Place salmon skin side up on prepared pan with sauce.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, take out of the oven, and carefully flip salmon skin down (use a flat and large spatula). Pour remaining sauce over the salmon and keep baking.
- Bake for and additional 10-15 minutes, until salmon is done to your preferred taste (rare, medium, or well done). If desired- broil for 2 minutes to get a nice golden top. Bake time will depend on the size and thickness of salmon filet. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds parsley as garnish. Mangia!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15-20 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Salmon, easy meal, soy sauce, honey, orange, easy dinner, baked salmon, sesame seeds