Easy 20 min. Baked Honey Orange Sesame Salmon- Delightful combination of sweet and salty flavors in this easy baked salmon that is made with only a few simple ingredients.
This is simple baked salmon recipe that you will crave time and time again. More salmon recipes: Best Baked Salmon with Pesto Recipe, Easy Salmon Piccata, Smoked Salmon, Mascarpone, and Petite Pea Pasta, Baked Salmon with Potatoes and Herb Oil Dressing and my favorite stuffed salmon recipe.
Why this recipe works
Scrumptious 30 minute meal! Baked salmon is one of the easiest dinner and this recipe packs the flavor with the orange, honey, soy sauce, and sesame seed sauce!
You mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour it over the salmon and bake! Super easy and delicious.
- Salmon filet (skin on)
- Orange juice and zest
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Orange slices and parsley for serving
Perfectly Baked Salmon
Perfectly baked salmon in the oven.
This baked salmon recipe is easy to customize with your favorite seasonings, and takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
For this recipe I use a sweet and savory orange glaze.
What to serve with Baked Salmon
This baked salmon is the perfect main dish to accompany these delicious side recipes:
If you want a less starchy side: Creamy White Sauce Cauliflower Casserole Italian is the perfect choice for you!
A warm and comforting Asparagus Risotto Vegetarian (Recipe Video) pairs nicely as well!
HOW TO BAKE SALMON IN THE OVEN:
(tips adapted from Gimmie Some Oven)
Bring the salmon to room temperature.
Let your salmon filets rest out on the counter for 15-30 minutes, until they have (at least mostly) come to room temperature. This will help with even cooking.
Season the salmon.
Blot the salmon dry on all sides with paper towels. Then place the salmon skin-side-up* (if you get it with skin) on an oiled baking sheet (or in an oven-proof, non-stick skillet, such as a cast iron pan).
If the ends of the salmon filets are really thin, just fold them under a bit for even cooking.
Brush on all sides (except the bottom) with good quality olive oil. Sprinkle with flake sea salt and a little pepper (you can add other seasons if you wish).
- Why bake the salmon skin side up? This helps the oils and juices run into the salmon meat rather than off onto the baking sheet. It infuses salmon meat with more flavor.
Bake at 450°F until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 140°F* (or I like to cook mine until it reaches 135°F*), about 4-6 minutes per half inch of thickness.
You can also test for doneness by inserting a fork or knife in the salmon and twisting it a bit; the fish should be opaque and flake easily.
Transfer salmon to a clean plate.
Remove pan from the oven and transfer the salmon to a clean serving plate.
Then sprinkle each filet with a good squeeze of lemon juice, sprinkle with fresh herbs if you’d like, then… Serve warm! And enjoy!
If you love fish- you will also love this easy cod recipe: Crispy Baked Cod with Panko.
Made with Amore, Elena
More Delicious Recipes for YOU
- Easy Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Asparagus
- Cheese and Broccoli Pasta Bake with White Sauce
- Baked Ham and Cheese Pasta (with White Sauce)
- BEST Seared Scallops with Lemon Butter Sauce
This easy baked Honey Orange Sesame Salmon recipe is easy and absolutely delicious!
Don't forget to leave a star rating and comment! I love to connect with you through the recipes.Print
- 1 lb salmon, skin on
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra for rubbing on salmon
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 orange, sliced for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray, or rub with a little oil and a paper towel. Pat salmon dry on both sides and rub with a little olive oil and season with salt. Set aside.
- Combine orange juice, olive oil, orange zest, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds, pinch of salt, and honey in a bowl. Whisk well. Pour a few spoonfuls of sauce on the prepared baking pan. Place salmon skin side up on prepared pan with sauce.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, take out of the oven, and carefully flip salmon skin down (use a flat and large spatula). Pour remaining sauce over the salmon and keep baking.
- Bake for and additional 10-15 minutes, until salmon is done to your preferred taste (rare, medium, or well done). If desired- broil for 2 minutes to get a nice golden top. Bake time will depend on the size and thickness of salmon filet. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds parsley as garnish. Mangia!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15-20 min
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Salmon, easy meal, soy sauce, honey, orange, easy dinner, baked salmon, sesame seeds