- 3 large peeled (4 small), firm ripe pears, (Bosc or Barlett), cut into pieces
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons (14 g) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (pinch) kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- Confectioner sugar for dusting
- freshly whipped heavy cream, if desired
- Line a 9.5-inch round baking pan (springform pan or bundt pan) with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, whip the sugar and eggs until you obtain a creamy and fluffy texture. You can also use a stand mixer with a large bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt, butter, and vanilla extract. Use a fork or spatula to combine until smooth (not the electric mixer).
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir gently until well combined. Add the pears and mix gently. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the cake starts to brown too much on the top tent the top with foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack. Before serving dust the cake with confectioner sugar. If desired, serve with freshly whipped cream, or ice cream.
- I like to use a springform pan
- TOP TIP: Use room temperature ingredients. This will make the cake tall and fluffy.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pear cake, dessert, Italian cake, easy dessert, pears, yogurt, cake