- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to your sweetness preference)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped pecans
- Pomegranate seeds
- Feta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the Sweet Potatoes: Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. Pat them dry with a paper towel and set them on a cutting board.
- Slice the Sweet Potatoes (Hasselback Style): Place a sweet potato horizontally between two wooden chopsticks or skewers. This will help prevent you from slicing the potato all the way through. Carefully make thin, evenly spaced slices across side of the sweet potato, about 1/8 inch apart. Repeat with the remaining sweet potatoes.
- Season the Sweet Potatoes: In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, thyme, parsley, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the Sweet Potatoes: Place the sliced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a baking dish. Brush the butter and herb mixture generously over the sweet potatoes, making sure to get in between the slices.
- Roast the Sweet Potatoes: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and roast in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Baste and Continue Roasting: Remove the foil and baste the sweet potatoes with the pan juices. Continue roasting for another 20-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the tops of the potatoes are golden brown, basting every 10 minutes. The total cooking time may vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes.
- Serve: Once the sweet potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired, and serve hot. Add a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds for a pop of color, or any other optional toppings you desire!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: American
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potatoes, holiday, thanksgiving, fall, potatoes, side dish