- 6 medium-sized chicken thighs with skin on- 2 lbs (either bone-in or boneless adjust cooking time)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. For more precise cooking- cover and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a greased oven-safe baking dish or baking sheet. Lay the chicken thighs (skin side up) in an even layer. Generously brush or massage the chicken with olive oil and herb mixture on all sides.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes (depending on how large the chicken thighs are, cooking time can vary from 25-30 minutes without skin and 35-45 minutes if bone-in and skin on) until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. To check the internal temperature, insert the instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Turn oven to broil and broil the chicken thighs until the skin is extra crispy (2-3 minutes). Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped parsley. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel before baking to remove any excess moisture. This will help the chicken brown and crisp up nicely.
Season the chicken thighs generously to infuse them with flavor.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. The chicken is fully cooked and safe when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
If you're baking bone-in chicken thighs, arrange them with the skin side up in the baking dish. This will help the skin crisp up and become golden brown and delicious.
Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute and ensure the chicken is juicy and flavorful.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: up to 45 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken thighs, baked chicken, oven baked chicken, main dish