These Italian oven roasted potatoes are a classic side dish for any meal. They brown beautifully with herbs and olive oil on a sheet pan in the oven. The texture is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. An easy and side dish you will make again and again.
- 1. 5 lbs yellow potatoes (yukon gold)
- 2 Tablespoons thyme (fresh or dried)
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 Cup olive oil (more more greasing pan)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (plain, not flavored)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a large sheet pan/ cookie sheet with olive oil. If you make it on parchment paper the potatoes won’t crisp as well. You may use tinfoil if desired.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Cut potatoes into quarters. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Pour oil on potatoes and mix until coated. I do this with my hands. Season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs and bread crumbs. Toss well to coat potatoes. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 F for about 30-40 minutes. Carefully open the oven and toss with spatula once or twice during baking to crisp all edges.
Keywords: potato, roasted potato, herbs, potato recipe, easy recipe, sheet pan recipe, sheet pan potatoes, bread crumbs, olive oil, herbs,