Stuffed Chicken Thighs (called involtini di pollo in Italian) is your next chicken recipe ELEVATED! These tender and flavorful seared stuffed chicken thighs are stuffed with mascarpone cheese and sliced meat of your choice such and prosciutto or mortadella. The savory sauce and moist chicken is a dish EVERYONE WILL LOVE! The next time you think about making chicken- add these delectable stuffed chicken thighs to the menu. Did I mention the herby truffle oil sauce? That deserves some bread dipping.
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed flat with the side of a knife
- 1 cup (120g) mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs, unflavored
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil (or other flavored oil)
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried sage leaf, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Toothpicks and Kitchen Twine (not edible and used for securing chicken rolls)
- In a small mixing bowl add the mascarpone, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, sage leaf, and truffle oil. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Dry chicken thighs with paper towel. Place chicken thighs flat on a cutting board and spread open. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mascarpone filling and spread across each chicken thigh. Add one slice of meat of choice to each chicken thigh. Roll up each chicken thigh and secure on both ends with kitchen twine (about 4-6 inches of twine per side). Secure even more with a toothpick through the middle of the roll. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet heat on medium high heat add olive oil and garlic. Add chicken rolls to pan and brown on both sides about 3-5 minutes per side. Take the meat out of pan and place on a plate, temporarily. Deglaze the pan by adding the chicken broth and white wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan and let it simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Add chicken back to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove kitchen twine and toothpicks before serving!
Keywords: chicken, chicken dinner, easy dinner, fried chicken, pan fried chicken, skillet chicken, dinner tonight, main meal, chicken recipe, main dish, stuffed chicken, mascarpone