- 1 recipe for Classic Italian Tomato Sauce (Sugo al Pomodoro)
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 pound Trottole pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: parmigiano or parmesan cheese for serving
- Make your classic Italian tomato sauce in a large skillet. Set aside and keep warm.
- Prepare shrimp, dry them with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat- gently fry the shrimp with garlic and olive oil and red chili flakes. Add the white wine and deglaze pan. Let simmer a couple of minutes longer.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook pasta until al dente package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
- Drain pasta and add to prepared sauce. Add pasta water and toss to combine. Add shrimp and stir again. Garnish with fresh basil and parsley. Serve hot!
- It is a good thing to keep in mind the pasta and shrimp will cook a little bit more once incorporated with the hot sauce. Do not overcook pasta or shrimp!
- Dry the shrimp so they get a nice sear in the skillet. Skipping this step could result in the shrimp steaming in the pan.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, shrimp, tomato sauce, main meal, pasta recipe