The possibilities are endless with this comforting, creamy, smooth, and sensational Italian polenta recipe. With only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes you will have the perfect side to any meal. Polenta is a true Italian speciality! Serve as a side or enjoy plain with added soft cheese of choice!
- 16 oz. (1 Lb.) quick cooking yellow corn polenta (such as Campanini brand)
- 6 Cups boiling water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- Boil water with salt in a medium-large pot. Add Polenta and stir vigorously. Stir on high heat for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Take off heat and add oil, parmigiano, and heavy cream. Stir until combined and creamy.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese and enjoy plain or as a side dish
It is important to use FINE yellow cornmeal in this recipe.