Nothing feels more comfy-cozy than warm chocolate chip cookies. I love making this easy recipe with my children while hearing them open up about their school as we get our hands messy. The ingredients are simple staples and they come together in no time. We usually bake half and freeze or refrigerate the rest of the dough for a busier day. Dunk slightly warm cookies in a big glass of milk and enjoy!
Made with Amore,
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (to change texture and taste slightly I sub the ¼ C with coconut flour- you do not have to do this!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened and cut in chunks (yes! I use salted and Kerrigold brand)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunk chips (or chocolate chips of choice)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large stand mixer with whisk attachment until creamy.
- Add eggs, and beat again until very smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks or chips.
- Drop by generous rounded tablespoon onto parchment paper baking sheets.
- Add flaked sea salt if desired (I use Maldon’s Sea Salt Flakes).
- Refrigerate 10 minutes to overnight before baking.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool completely.
If you make this recipe please write a comment to tell me your thoughts! I want to connect with all of you through your experience with my recipes.