Pear, Honey, Walnut Cheese Pizza- The sweet and soft pears topped with crunchy walnuts, fresh cheese, and drizzle of honey makes the tastiest savory sweet pizza combination. You can use my Authentic Neapolitan pizza dough recipe, or buy some already made. Either way, these toppings make the perfect pizza for the fall season. The combination is sweet and salty with the added creamy pungency of the soft cheese- truly delightful!
Make your own authentic Neapolitan pizza dough with my recipe and guide. If you've never made your pizza dough and want to try the real deal, let this guide help you! These toppings would also pair well as a topping to No Knead Italian Focaccia Bread.
This recipe and guide is tried and true with photos and step by step instruction to get the soft, chewy, crispy edge pizza you crave! It is worth the 24 rise to feel like you are eating authentic pizza from Naples in an Italian restaurant.
- 1 recipe for BEST Neapolitan Pizza DOUGH RECIPE and GUIDE (this will make 8 pizzas. You can vary the toppings for the other pizzas)
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Soft fresh cheese (see suggestions below)
What is a good soft cheese?
We use two types of cheeses for this recipe, one is the shredded mozzarella and the other is a fresh and soft cheese that stays fairly creamy even after it bakes. You are looking for a fresh cheese as the second cheese to top the pizza. Here are some options for you:
- Gorgonzola this blue cheese is full-flavored, salty, and earthy. Depending on how long it's aged, the texture can range from creamy and soft to semi-firm and crumbly.
- Goat cheese different flavors and textures - from crumbly to creamy, young to mature, mild to tangy.
- Any type of fresh farmers cheese a mild cross between ricotta and cream cheese, this fresh farmer's cheese is everything you always wanted in a soft cheese - mild in flavor, creamy but somewhat loose consistency and thus effortlessly spreadable.
- Fresh Ricotta a smooth cheese with a creamy mild taste and a thick texture.
Storing your pizza dough the right way will change your homemade pizza life! Read How long Does Pizza Dough Last in the Fridge? for ALL your pizza storing needs.
From my Cucina to your Table! Made with Amore, Elena
More Delicious Recipes for YOU
You are sure to love this Pear Honey and Walnut Pizza Recipe! Don't forget to leave a STAR rating and Review! I can't wait to hear from you.Print
- 1 recipe for BEST Neapolitan Pizza DOUGH RECIPE and GUIDE (this will make 8 pizzas. You can vary the toppings for the other pizzas) *you may also use store bought pizza dough
Ingredients for 1 pizza:
- 1 medium pear, cored and sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh soft cheese such as: goat cheese, ricotta, gorgonzola
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- drizzle of honey for topping
- 3 basil leaves, torn by hand
- Preheat oven to the highest temperature setting (550+ degrees F) with a pizza stone in the middle rack. You can also use a pizza oven.
- Prepare pizza dough according to directions in pizza dough recipe post. Shape an individual pizza dough as directed in post. Place the dough onto a lightly floured pizza peel. Start topping the the pizza with the mozarella cheese, layer of pears, and fresh cheese of choice. Drizzle honey evenly over the cheese and the pears.
- Place the pizza in the oven onto the pizza stone. Bake about 10-15 minutes. If using a real high heat pizza oven of 900 degrees F the cooking time is 5 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of baking add the walnuts and fresh basil. Take the pizza out of the oven and let it set for a few minutes before cutting. Mangia! (eat!)
- Prep Time: 10 min (not including making the dough)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pizza, pears, Italian recipe, dinner, walnuts, honey, cheese, pear pizza, basil