Easy Jam Hand Pies (mini pies). The ultimate, flaky, buttery, tender, chewy, pie crust filled with luxurious jam! A perfect Valentine's Day treats the whole family will enjoy.
Call them mini pies or hand pies and make them today for that special love of yours, or a sweet friend! They are also fun to make with kids.! Don't wait to make these yummy MINI PIE TREATS.
Use: The Ultimate All-Butter Pie Crust Recipe for this recipe.
Pie Crust for Easy Jam Hand Pies (mini pies)
If you've tried making pie crust and failed. I hear you! I'll walk you through it in the recipe above and you will reach pie dough mastery in no time.
There is nothing like homemade pie and every home should have the chance to partake of special memories surrounded by the process of hand-making pies.
How to Crimp Hand Pies (mini pies)
I like to crimp these mini pies the way I would crimp a large pie. I like how the result produces layers at the edges (see photos below). Some of the crimpings actually disappear since the butter melts when cooking so don't worry about getting it perfect.
Unlike a large pie, you won't see the detail after it is baked. You may also use a fork to press down the edges if you don't want to crimp.
HOW TO CRIMP PIE MINI PIE CRUST AS THE PHOTO ABOVE: using a finger from your other hand push the dough from the outer edge between your inside fingertips repeat following along the rim until the entire pie crust is crimped.
Jam Options for Easy Jam Hand Pies (mini pies)
Feel free to use any jam of your preference. I like to use strawberry jam for the red color and the Valentine's Day mood. Other delicious JAM options for the hand pies are:
Or, any of your choice! Make them your own.
Shapes for Hand Pies or Mini Pies
These are made with a fun heart-shaped cookie cutter. They are fun for a special occasion. You can also make them with a round cookie cutter shape or use a glass cup to make a round mini pie shape.
The Best Jam Hand Pies
Here are a few reasons you will love this Easy Jam Hand Pies (mini pies) recipe.
- THE BEST FLAKY BUTTER CRUST
- SWEET JAM FILLING
- PERFECT COMBO OF SALTY IN THE CRUST TO SWEETNESS IN THE JAM
- FUN PERSONAL SIZE AND SHAPE
Don't wait to make these irresistible mini pies!!
More yummy pie recipes
Make sure to leave a ⭐️star rating on the recipe card and comment below if you make the recipe. I love to connect with you through my recipes.Print
- One recipe of the Ultimate All Butter Pie Crust
- 1 cup (maybe more) of your favorite jam variety
- 1 egg (egg wash crust)
- 1 medium heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Remove chilled dough from the freezer and roll it on a floured surface. Cut out 18 hearts. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place 9 hearts (3x3) on the sheet.
- Place 1 Tbs of jam in the center of each heart. Slightly spread jam to cover the center, but not too close to the edges. Place the remaining 9 hearts on top of the jam-filled ones. Crimp edges or press with a fork to seal. Cut a small vent in the middle of the heart. Freeze pies for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg and brush the pies with the egg wash after out of the freezer.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes and 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the mini pies cool and enjoy!
Optional- serve warm with ice cream.
- Prep Time: 20 min (not including pie crust)
- Cook Time: 30-35 min
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: American
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie crust, mini pies, hand pies, strawberry mini pies, jam pies, sweet pies, dessert, all butter pie crust, heart pies, flaky pie crust