Berry Goat Cheese Salad with Honey Citrus Dressing is a fresh and delicious berry salad! This salad is sublime. It hits all the taste buds with a little sweet, tangy, earthy, salty, and tart- absolutely satisfying!
- Mixed green salad
- Fresh mint
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh blackberries
- Goat cheese (block or crumbled)
- Slivered almonds (optional for crunch) *personally, I like without and keep them on the side
- Olive oil
- Fresh squeezed orange juice + zest of one orange
- Garlic cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
See recipe card for quantities.
Best Berry and Goat Cheese Salad
It is simple with just the right flavors and something you can feel good about eating all year around. When it comes to salads I like one solid theme and not too complicated.
Even when I make a salad a main meal I don't like to have 100 ingredients in the bowl that overwhelm the taste of the greens.
To me, a salad is a way to eat greens with a few accompaniments that add a little extra flavorful.
More fresh salad recipes for your: Arugula, Apple, and Pistachio Salad in Parmigiano Cups, Italian Salad Pears, Walnuts, and Gorgonzola, Prosciutto Melon Arugula Salad Citrus Vinaigrette, and Easy Italian Style Pasta Salad with Arugula.
Homemade Honey Citrus Salad Dressing
I love using this homemade dressing for other salads as well. It comes together in minutes with a few fresh ingredients and a few shake, shake, shakes in a jar with a lid.
It only takes minutes to make and you know exactly what you are getting. Have you ever looked at the ingredient list in most bottled dressings- yikes!
The taste of homemade salad dressing is simple and adds the perfect touch to any salad.
This salad is a no brainer! Make it with any meal and please a crowd.
Best tips for serving salad:
- Make the dressing up to 2 days ahead of time. Store the dressing in the fridge and let it come to room temperature an hour before serving. Shake the jar and presto! You are ready to dress your salad.
- Serve the salad in a flat and wide serving platter (as pictured). Ditch the deep salad bowl and serve your salad on a platter for a pretty presentation. This will also help with serving and evenly topping the salad with all the add-in ingredients.
- Dress the salad 10 minutes before serving and DO NOT TOSS. When you serve the salad in a shallow and wide serving platter you don’t need to toss the salad. No more digging for all the yummy toppings at the bottom of the bowl! Simply distribute the dressing evenly over the top and the it will seep down to coat all the toppings and salad underneath. Voila!
As guests serve themselves the salad will stay pretty with the ingredients on top.
Everyone will get a little bit of all the delicious toppings as the get their portions and the salad will be perfectly dressed with the vinaigrette.
This salad is super easy to make and fun to change up the flavors with these variations:
- Greens- Use spinach or arugula salad.
- Berries- Add strawberries or other local and seasonal berries and fruit you love.
- Cheese- Use or add creamy cheeses like feta or mozarella balls.
- Herbs- Add any Italian herbs from your garden such as: thyme and rosemary to add a little extra flavor.
- Dressing- This salad also pairs well with this lemon dressing or balsamic dressing.
What to serve with this berry and goat cheese salad
This salad screams spring and summer! See this post: 30 BEST Italian Inspired Summer Recipes for the perfect main dish or side to serve with this fresh and tasty salad recipe.
More recipes for you
- Eggplant and Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Trottole Pasta Recipe with Tomato Sauce and Shrimp
- Easy Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
Make sure to leave a ⭐️star rating on the recipe card and comment below if you make the recipe. I love to connect with you through my recipes.Print
- 16 oz container mixed green salad
- 2 Tbs fresh mint
- 1 pint (170 grams) fresh raspberries
- 1 pint (170 grams) fresh blueberries
- 1 pint (170 grams) fresh blackberries
- 8 oz (226 grams) goat cheese (block or crumbled)
- ½ cup slivered almonds (optional for crunch) *personally, I like without and keep them on the side
- ½ cup good quality olive oil
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice + zest of one orange
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic cut in quarters
- Place all ingredients in a Mason jar and shake vigorously. The dressing can stay at room temperature for up to one week.
- Place salad in a large serving bowl.
- Layer fruit and add globs of goat cheese.
- Pour citrus dressing on top 15 minutes before serving.
- Don't toss or all the ingredients will fall to the bottom. Let it sit with the dressing for 15 minutes. As you serve and plate start mixing the ingredients. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: N/A
- Category: Savory
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian