- 1/2 recipe All Butter Pie Crust (make full recipe and only use half- I do not recommend halving the full recipe)
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg, at room t°
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room t°, cut in pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 pears, cut in half, core removed, and scored on the tops
- 2 Tbs sliced almonds or crushed pistachios for sprinkling on top (I use pistachio for color)
For the Frangipane:
- In the bowl of a food processor put the almonds and sugar.
- Process until almonds are in coarse pieces.
- Add the butter and egg.
- Process until it all becomes a cream.
- Add almond extract and process to mix until combined.
- Transfer to an air tight container.
- Keep refrigerated for two weeks or up to a month in the freezer.
Assembling and Baking the Tart
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Have ready a pre- blind baked all butter pie crust ready according to recipe (link above). I use a rectangular tart pan , but it can also be made in an 8-9-inch round or square pie pan.
- Spread a layer of the Frangipane (almond cream) across the bottom of the pre baked dough with a spoon, do not to tear the dough.
- Put the pear halves on top in a row, or however you want. Sprinkle with sliced almonds or pistachios.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pears have started to soften and release some juice, the almond cream is puffed and the crust is golden.
- Let cool on wire rack. Serve with or without ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: Italian
- Cuisine: Italian/ French