- 1 1/4 cups Softened Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure almond extract
- 5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Milk (I prefer whole milk)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (make it as sweet as you like)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a stand mixer (or with hand mixer) beat the softened butter, eggs, sugar, and almond extract. Beat until fluffy.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternate adding flour and milk to combine with other wet ingredients. Add about one cup of the dry ingredients and a splash of milk at a time until well combined and unified cookie dough forms.
- Chill sugar cookie dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface and cut into desired cut-out shapes. Place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden. Let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and put on a cookie cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fully incorporated (start with 1 cup of sugar and add more until desired sweetness is acquired for your taste). Beat in almond extract. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
Assembly: once cookies are cooled frost and decorate as desired!
You can bake the cookies and store in zip lock bags in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to use defrost at room temperature and enjoy plain or frost them and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Sweet/ Dessert
- Method: American
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookies, best sugar cookie recipe, soft sugar cookie recipe, soft and delicious sugar cookies, sugar cookie recipe, cookie recipe, soft cookies,