Elegant Chicken Skillet Dinner in under 30 minutes!
Look at this gorgeous mascarpone and chive chicken skillet meal! In under 30 minutes you can have this stunning and delicious meal for you and yours. The chicken is seared and browned to create a crispy exterior and maintain a juicy interior. Then comes the addition of the mascarpone, cream, lemon, and chive mixture to create this instant melt in your mouth silky smooth and herby chive sauce. The chicken cooks in the mascarpone and the entire skillet gets a finishing layer of fresh parmigiano and in the oven for a crispy top! Oh my heavens, this dish is sensational. I MEAN, run to make this crowd pleasing meal. Every time I serve it I wish I would have made more just to have leftovers. It’s a must make and one to save and send to all your family and friends.
You WILL NEED bread to go with this dish for soaking up the irresistible sauce. Beware! The sauce is extremely addicting! Our entire family fights over every last drop.
More about Chives…
The chives give this dish a unique flavor element. Chives grow in clusters, their blade-like leaves growing straight upward. The green leaves are hollow, and come to a point and they make the most beautiful bright purple flowers! Chives can grow up to two feet tall in ideal conditions, and can spread out up to 12 inches around. If you don’t have chives in your garden they require little effort and are delicious to have at your fingertips during the summer months. They have a mild onion flavor, that doesn’t tend to leave a long aftertaste (best part!).
What is the difference between Mascarpone and Cream Cheese?
This is a question I get asked all the time! In short, while similar in look and application, American-style cream cheese is both firmer and brighter tasting than its Italian counterpart. Mascarpone has a looser, velvety texture, and rich mouthfeel similar to a double-crème brie. Mascarpone has a richer fat content resulting in a richer and creamier cheese. When people ask me if they can substitute cream cheese for mascarpone, I generally say, No! Ha, ha. It really does change the taste and texture. If you aren’t used to cooking or baking with mascarpone- give it a try! You won’t regret it!
Why use Chicken Thighs?
I love cooking with chicken thighs!! They are a safe cut of meat to use if you ever worry about overcooking chicken. Chicken thighs are celebrated for their tenderness and flavor, while chicken breasts (white meat taken from the front of the bird) are praised for their lean meat and low fat content. Thighs are easier to cook, since they don’t dry out as easily as breasts, and are more affordable. Using chicken thighs in this recipe insures a tender meat and rich flavor. You can also make this with chicken breast.
From my Cucina to Your Table. Mangia! Mangia! (Eat!)
Made with Amore, Elena
Elegant Chicken Skillet Dinner in under 30 minutes! Look at this gorgeous mascarpone and chive chicken skillet meal! In under 30 minutes you can have this stunning and delicious meal for you and yours. The chicken is seared and browned to create a crispy exterior and maintain a juicy interior. Then comes the addition of the mascarpone, cream, lemon, and chive mixture to create this instant melt in your mouth silky smooth and herby oniony sauce. The chicken cooks in the mascarpone and the entire skillet gets a finishing layer of fresh parmigiano and in the oven for a crispy top! Oh my heavens, this dish is sensational!
- 4–5 medium chicken thighs (any variety will do- bone in, with or without skin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8.8 oz (250 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the mascarpone, cream, chives, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large (oven safe) skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side The chicken won’t be completely cooked at this point.
- Turn heat to low and add the mascarpone mixture to the pan. Coat the chicken and let the mascarpone mixture melt in the pan. Let cook an addition 5 minutes until the cream is slightly bubble on the sides of the pan. Sprinkle top with fresh parmigiano cheese and bake for an additional 5-8 until the top is bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle top with extra chives and fresh cracked pepper before serving.
Keywords: chicken, chicken dinner, easy dinner, skillet chicken, dinner tonight, main meal, chicken recipe, main dish, mascarpone, chives