Easy and Delicious Chicken Dinner Recipe!
Can you believe this dinner comes together in 30 minutes? Yes! Yummy, yummy, chicken dinner coming right up for you and your family. Creamy Parmigiano Herb and Mushroom Chicken will wow the entire family! This will become a new weekly favorite! Skillet meals are our favorite lately. They are ready in just 30 minutes and they taste like they are from a restaurant.
The Best Sauce
I love using chicken thighs with the skin ON for this recipe to get that crispy skin with the added parmigiano cheese on top to add even more of a crisp top. You can also use chicken breasts. The result will still be delicious!
Finish in the OVEN
The key to getting that extra crispy skin on top is to finish the dish in the oven. I put the pan in the oven on broil for about 4-8 minutes until the skin is nice and brown and the sauce is bubbly. When you place the pan in the oven under the broiler make sure to watch it carefully as all broilers are a little different.
I promise that you will love this meal as much as we did! This creamy sauce is herby, savory, and literally amazing. Don’t let any go to waste!
Mangia! Mangia! (Eat!)
Made with Amore,
Craving something SWEET to have for Dessert?
Italian Olive Oil Orange Cake– One bowlPrint
Creamy Parmigiano Herb and Mushroom Chicken is ready in just 30 minutes and the creamy parmigiano sauce will wow the entire family! This will become a new weekly favorite!
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on (bone in optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1Tablespoon butter
- Salt Pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese (plus extra for topping chicken)
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 large, whole, bayleaves
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large (oven safe) skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the butter, sliced mushrooms, garlic, and herbs to pan. Cook for a few minutes (3-5) until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken first them mushrooms back to pan. Pour cream oven the chicken and mushroom. Cover completely with the parmigiano cheese. Let simmer about 5-6 minutes until slightly bubbly. Then, broil in the oven about 4-6 minutes until the skin on the chicken is nice and crisp/brown and the sauce is bubbly! Serve hot over rice, pasta, polenta, or eat with a side of delicious bread!